Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Muscle Metabolism
The School of Life Sciences at Arizona State University invites applications for a full-time, fiscal-year appointment as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Human Obesity and Metabolism Laboratory of Christos Katsanos, PhD. Candidates must be within five years from receipt of their doctoral degree. The laboratory is located within the Center for Metabolic and Vascular Biology on the Scottsdale campus of the Mayo Clinic in Arizona. The laboratory’s focus is on human metabolism, with specific interest in understanding the biology of the skeletal muscle proteome phenotype in humans with obesity. Anticipated start date: October 15, 2020, or when the right candidate has been identified.
The Fellow will be involved in all aspects of the research, including infusion studies in humans, measurement of gene expression in muscle, quantification of the turnover rate of muscle proteins using stable isotope tracer/mass spectrometry techniques, data consolidation/analyses, and preparation of manuscripts. She/he will present research findings to relevant professional meetings and participate in grant submissions.
- Individuals with a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Biology/Physiology, Exercise Science, or relevant discipline, by time of appointment, and demonstrated research productivity are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques is necessary.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills are highly desired.
- Candidates with research background and interest in metabolism will be given special consideration.
To apply, please submit electronically to http://apply.interfolio.com/78322 the following materials:
1) A brief cover letter summarizing research interests and career goals,
2) a curriculum vitae, and
3) the names of three professional references.
For more information about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin September 30, 2020 and will continue until the position is closed.
Location of office/lab space is on the Mayo Clinic Campus in Scottsdale, AZ.
Arizona State University is a comprehensive public research
university named #1 in the United States for innovation for the
second consecutive year, followed by #2 Stanford and #3 MIT. We
measure our success not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we
include and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of
public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the
economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities we
ASU’s School of Life Sciences is home to innovative teachers who are guided by educational access, student success, applied learning, and interdisciplinary inquiry. We understand there are many paths to achieving a university education, and we build undergraduate and graduate degree programs and pathways that are flexible and relevant for a rapidly changing world.
The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html. https://www.asu.edu/titleIX.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Health & Medicine Post-Doc $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Post-Doc $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Nutrition Post-Doc $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Physical Therapy Post-Doc $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tempe