Assistant Dean, Liberal Studies
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant Dean, Liberal Studies position. The Assistant Dean, Liberal Studies provides support and assistance to the Dean to ensure academic quality and to further Divisional curricular and programmatic goals and initiatives, serving faculty and students to ensure success and significant learning outcomes. The Assistant Dean assists in the planning and management of the Division to ensure its effective and efficient operation and works with Department Heads on curricular, assessment, administrative, and student-related initiatives. The Assistant Dean serves as a liaison to a variety of College divisions and offices including but not limited to: ITS, Office of Marketing and Communications, Academic and Student Success, Student Development, Educational Support Services, and College Master Scheduler. The Assistant Dean provides oversight and supervision to direct reports.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Master's degree in a Liberal Arts discipline or related discipline required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Three (3) years college/university level experience working with faculty in the development, design, and assessment of curriculum required.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills required.
• Documented success in data-driven decision-making and problem-solving required.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively with others required.
• Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently, a self-starter, flexible, and organized.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, editing, verbal and other related communication skills required.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency utilizing enterprise-wide software.
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Coordination or management experience preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Previous work experience in an urban community college environment preferred.