Shuttle Van Driver (PT) 9-Months
This part-time position drives the 12 passenger Campus Shuttle Van from the Student Center to off-campus public transportation connection (Mattapan high-speed Trolley, or other destination, as assigned) on a regular, continuous circuit. Assures safety and comfort of passengers. Monitors usage, and van maintenance. This position works a 9 months per year, from September through May, working 15 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm, with the possibility of picking up additional shifts for coverage as needed.
Shuttle Van Driving:
- Drives 12 passenger Campus Shuttle Van from the Student Center to off-campus public transportation connection, or other destination as assigned. Assures continuous circuit throughout the shift.
- Monitors ridership, keeping log of numbers of passengers.
- Monitors van maintenance, tracking and logging any maintenance issues.
- Keeps in contact with Public Safety Office through Nextel phone.
- Observes all safety regulations and reports any incidents promptly. Gives safety of passengers highest priority.
- Keeps vehicle clean.
- Responsible for good passenger relations, responding to questions, and reporting any passenger concerns to the Public Safety Officer.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid Driver's License and an excellent Driving Record.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal and educational and driving background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Completion of the Curry College Van Driver Training Program.
- Previous experience as a van driver preferred.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.