Bursar/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position: Bursar/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position Status: Full-time
Founded in 1805, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is America's first school and museum of fine arts. Located in center city Philadelphia, PAFA is intimate in scale with a strong sense of community. PAFA’s undergraduate degree offerings include a BFA in Studio Art and a coordinated BFA with the University of Pennsylvania. Graduate programs include an MFA and Low-Residency MFA degree, and a Post-Baccalaureate certificate. PAFA’s museum has an outstanding collection of American art, and the museum actively collects and exhibits contemporary art, including work in new media. Additionally, PAFA is home to the Brodsky Center, a print and papermaking center focused on the creation of innovative editions by contemporary artists.
Because we were the nation’s first art museum and art school, we believe PAFA has a moral obligation to ensure that every member of our community can study and work in an environment where they feel a sense of belonging. We have the additional obligation of ensuring that our community reflects that rich tapestry of beauty and diversity that surrounds our world. We are committed to modeling diversity and inclusion for the entire arts, cultural and educational sector, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all. PAFA is committed to maintaining an inclusive learning environment, and a diverse community of students, faculty and staff.
PAFA is an equal opportunity employer. Women and diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to work in our pluralistic community.
POSITION: Bursar/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Bursar/Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for directing the organization’s student billing and accounts receivable financial functions. Compiles financial information, creates and process journal entries, reconciles reports amongst other responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Manages student’s accounts and maintain accounts in a responsible manner
- Monitors past-due accounts and recommends/executes strategy for collecting past-due payments
- Prepare daily deposits for bank and daily cash report
- Works closely with faculty/staff and internal departments to ensure that student inquiries and concerns are address in a timely manner
- Reconcile Student aging to general ledger
- Prepares 1098-T’s and transmits by regulatory deadline.
- Ensure organization stays in compliance with all federal, state, local agency financial requirements
- Courteously answers questions and resolves concerns of all stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting preferred
- 3 years’ progressive bursar experience required
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers, employees and students with diverse backgrounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Maneuver adaptability between tasks; ability to prioritize between multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Blackbaud (Financial Edge and Student Information Systems) or similar accounting system a plus
- Ability to work in a standard office setting, as well as remotely when assigned, with considerable sitting, standing and viewing of computer
- Can operate effectively under mid-level stress.
- Requires reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse, keyboard, telephone).
- May include lifting up to thirty (30) pounds on an infrequent basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Middle City East