Administrative Assistant III - Student Affairs 999309
The Administrative Assistant III position provides administrative support to the division of Student Affairs and the Associate Provost and Chief Student Affairs Officer. Top level duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating all administrative details to support the Associate Provost and Chief Student Affairs Officer and daily maintenance of the Chief Student Affairs Officer’s calendar. Office responsibilities include office management, budgetary oversight and tracking, scheduling, oral and written communication with internal and external constituents, event planning and coordination, maintenance of confidential records and supervision of student staff.
The Administrative Assistant’s principal responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative support to the division of Student Affairs and the Associate Provost and Chief Student Affairs Officer. Support includes calendar scheduling, internal and external communications, event coordination, creation of correspondence and reports, budgetary oversight and overall office support.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Student Affairs Office and provide a high level of customer service to students, staff, faculty and other constituents with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Must be able to skillfully interact, either in-person, by phone or email with diverse individuals.
- Manage departmental budgets for the Chief Student Affairs Officer, regularly track expenditures and maintain accurate detailed records of budget expenditures. Provide high level support and oversight for divisional budgets.
- Ensure accurate and organized maintenance and record-keeping of divisional documents and confidential files.
- Facilitate communication with internal and external constituents on behalf of the Chief Student Affairs Officer. Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences and travel arrangements. Compose and edit correspondence, email communications, documents, presentations and reports.
- Provide event coordination and support for Student Affairs divisional meetings including quarterly divisional gatherings, monthly development events, monthly direct report meetings, and the annual Board of Trustees Student Dinner event hosting students and Board of Trustee members.
- Collaborate with the Administrative Assistant, Dean of Students with execution of divisional initiatives, priorities and events.
Skills & Experience :
- 3-5 years proven experience as an administrative assistant. Experience should include supporting high-level administrator in a dynamic professional setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience conveying information to internal and external constituents in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
- Experience handling confidential information and correspondence.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency within a variety of systems/platforms including Banner Finance and MS Office software.
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree or equivalent in experience preferred
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by September 24, 2020 .
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati