Administrative Assistant II - Disability Services 998746
Xavier University, a Catholic University in the Jesuit tradition, invites applications for the full time position of Administrative Assistant II in the Office of Disability Services. This position oversees test proctoring and note taking services for students who have documented disabilities and use accommodations. The Administrative Assistant also performs various office duties to facilitate the smooth day-to-day operations of Disability Services.
1. Test Proctoring:
- Obtain and administer tests to students with testing accommodations who take their tests in the Office of Disability Services.
- Communicate with professors and other staff to obtain tests in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily and weekly test schedules.
- Make necessary arrangements for accommodations.
- Maintain test files.
- Secure test proctors for scheduled tests.
- Ensure tests are in correct format to be used with the assistive technology software, understand assistive technology used for test proctoring, and reserve additional testing space as needed.
2. Note Taking:
- Coordinate note taking services.
- Onboard student volunteer note takers - inform them of the processes for sharing notes.
- Resolve issues encountered by professors, students or note takers.
3. Administrative support: Provide office support and assist with the process of providing academic accommodations for students with disabilities.:
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and maintain communication (email, fax, mail, etc.)
- Utilize ClockWork software to manage the coordination of academic accommodations and services.
- Supervise student employees (test proctors and office assistants)
- Manage student files.
- Archive files of students who have graduated or withdrawn from the University on a semi-annual basis.
- Maintain records and assist with reporting.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, and respect the confidentiality and privacy of student information
4. Budget administration:
- Order departmental supplies and equipment.
- Direct the transfer of funds within budgets or budget accounts.
- Complete Interdepartmental Transfer Forms.
- Issue Purchasing Requisitions for new equipment, equipment repairs, and special items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: high school diploma or equivalent; 1-2 years office experience; excellent computer, customer service and communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and one that requires a high degree of confidentiality.
To ensure consideration for this position, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references through the Xavier University's website by September 24, 2020 .
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Disabled Student Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati