We are encouraging applications for a Postdoctoral Associate that focuses on the research and development of a novel methodology to control charge transport using the phenomenon of quantum phase slips. This will be realized in superconducting circuits operated at dilution refrigerator temperatures.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the Advanced Microwave Photonics Group under the Applied Physics Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Perform theoretical and numerical calculations to validate circuit and control approaches to temporally locking charge transport.
- Fabricate superconducting circuits to realize the designed behavior, and subsequently confirm through measurement.
- Communicate their results through referred publications and conference presentations.
What We Can Offer
The annual salary range for this position is market-based, highly competitive, and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Accomplished. Be Encouraged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Ph.D. in device physics, numerical and applied physics, or similar.
- Experience in cryogenics (dilution refrigeration), e-beam lithography, numerical integration, mesoscopic physics.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation from them immediately upon application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder