We are encouraging applications for a Postdoctoral Associate that focuses on the research and development of parametric amplifier circuits for the purpose of measuring quantum circuits, including solid-state qubits.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the Advanced Microwave Photonics Group under the Applied Physics Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Design and test novel lumped and distributed matching circuits for varactor and Josephson junction-based parametric amplifiers.
- Measure scattering parameters and noise performance at cryogenic temperatures.
- Deploy developed devices at collaborator research sites.
- Communicate results in the form of referred publications and conference presentations.
What We Can Offer
The annual salary range for this position is market-based, highly competitive, and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Brilliant. Be Inventive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Ph.D. Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, RF/Microwave Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with filter synthesis and wideband impedance matching methods. Proven expertise in microwave circuit design and realization.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation from them immediately upon application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com