Instructor II Simulation Center
Instructor II Simulation Center
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Instructor II Simulation Center
Provide individual/group instruction, orientation, direction, tutoring, and supervision of simulation center activities. Instruct students in the proper procedures for safe and effective use of simulation manikins and equipment. Assist with monitoring day-to-day activities in the Simulation Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual/group instruction, orientation, direction, tutoring, and supervision of simulation center activities.
- Assist with monitoring day-to-day activities in the Simulation Center and maintains a safe environment during the simulated experiences.
- Instruct and/or evaluate students in the proper procedures for safe and effective use of simulation manikins and equipment.
- Evaluate student performance and provide debriefings and tutoring, as needed, to the students following the simulated experience.
- Use specified student learning outcomes, develop and run simple scenarios for independent study or on-demand, focused simulation exercises.
- Support the general operations of the simulation lab. Prepare and/or operate simulation laboratory and associated equipment, medical simulators, computers, audio-visual equipment; prepare the appropriate and proper amount of materials and equipment necessary to effectively teach and evaluate each student during the simulated experience (SE). Provide technical and general support during SE's, and clean up manikin(s), equipment and supplies after SE's.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment, assist with troubleshooting operations, and generate reports on missing or broken equipment and supplies.
- Assign and submit simulation completion grades to instructor of record. Ensure evaluation of simulated experience (SE) forms are completed either on-line or in paper form by students and/or attending faculty members after completion of SE.
- Ensure simulation laboratory, simulation offices and files are adequately secured on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution required. Bachelor's degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution, preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years related health care work experience in the chosen clinical field of practice, in simulation technology/education, general education or information technology required.
Teaching experience at community college level desired, preferably in health care education.
Licenses and Certifications:
Current Texas license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric advanced Life Support (PALS) provider certification preferred.
An additional two (2) years of health care work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of manikin operation and functions, manikin trouble-shooting and repair
- Knowledge of audio-video operations and trouble-shooting
- Knowledge of medical equipment operations
- Knowledge of scenario development and implementation
- Knowledge of compressed gas systems
- Knowledge of audio-video system operations/features
- Knowledge of computers and various software applications
- Creative skills
- Mechanical skills
- Teaching skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to generate reports
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, plus climbing and balancing. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $31.31 - 31.31
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney