Coordinator, International Student & Scholar Services
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring a Coordinator for International Student & Scholar Services at the Daytona Beach campus. Under the general supervision of the Director, International Student & Scholar Services, the Coordinator, International Student & Scholar Services, is responsible for managing and providing immigration and visa-related service functions while ensuring compliance with federal regulations and reporting requirements. The position holder provides front-line support and guidance to international students, scholars, and exchange visitors throughout the visa and work authorization application process to ensure campus compliance. The Coordinator serves as an ARO for the ERAU J-1 exchange visitor program, FDSMserves as a coordinator and student advisor for F-1 immigration benefits such as Curricular and Optional Practical Training, and supports the Director and Associate Director as DSO for the ERAU F-1 visa program.
The ISSS Coordinator will act as an International Student Adviser and contribute to advising and supporting international students regarding federal immigration regulations, cultural adjustment, financial concerns, and university procedures. This position will serve as a primary resource to students and scholars coming to ERAU on the J-1 visa program. The ISSS Coordinator will manage processes, data collection, and informational components as required by SEVIS.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Interpret F-1 and J-1 visa regulations to ensure compliance, and provide counseling and advising support to international students and scholars on immigration related matters, and other support issues
- Assist students to obtain F-1/J-1 immigration benefits such as CPT/OPT /STEM extensions and Academic Training as outlined in the regulations, and process I-20s and DS-2019s as required
- Serve as a resource on immigration regulations, policies and practices to faculty and staff
- Assist with check in and SEVIS registration
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and presentation of specialized workshops and programs, and in designing and updating handouts, forms, presentations, and the Immigration ERNIE site and website.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for F-1 Students and Assistant Responsible Officer (ARO) for J-1 students and visiting faculty.
- Maintain student records in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Advise international students on complex U.S. immigration regulations and procedures related to employment, travel, change of status and reporting.
- Coordinate and plan programs that support the social and academic integration of F-1 students to enhance student retention.
- Assist in the maintenance of various database systems associated with assigned duties and responsibilities, including Terra Dotta, campus solutions and the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work related experience
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, initiative and teamwork
- Demonstrated collaborative skills
- Motivational capabilities
- Conflict resolution skills
- Able to work in a fast paced student oriented environment.
- Ability to relate well to students
- Planning, analytical and budgeting skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Applicant must be permanent resident or US citizen to be approved as DSO/ARO
- Experience working as DSO/ARO is highly preferred
- Experience working with TERRA DOTTA software is highly preferred
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach