Student Employment | Simulator Lab Assistant for Aviation & Safety Program
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's academic programs and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure students and guests are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed.
- Assist fellow student pilots with simulator training and instrument procedures.
- Maintain scheduled Simulator Lab/Office hours.
- Assist with the daily office operation as determined by the supervisor.
- Report any malfunctions or abnormalities in training equipment.
- Run errands.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a student pilot. Have a positive attitude and demonstrates flexibility.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Knowledge of office computer applications is a plus (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- High School diploma and/or GED plus two (2) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Technical Certificate is a plus.
- Demonstrate experience with digital humanities / digital scholarship tool and methodologies.
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work across diverse departments and individual library and university stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Knowledge of a body of standardized rules, procedures or operations requiring considerable training and/or experience to perform the full range of standard assignments and resolve recurring problems. Or, skill, acquired through considerable training and experience, to operate varied equipment.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens