A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's academic
programs and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure
students and guests are provided with opportunities and services to
help them succeed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist fellow student pilots with simulator training and
- Maintain scheduled Simulator Lab/Office hours.
- Assist with the daily office operation as determined by the
- Report any malfunctions or abnormalities in training
- Run errands.
- Must be a student pilot. Have a positive attitude and
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Knowledge of office computer applications is a plus (Microsoft
Word and Excel).
- High School diploma and/or GED plus two (2) years of experience
directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Technical Certificate is a plus.
- Demonstrate experience with digital humanities / digital
scholarship tool and methodologies.
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work across diverse
departments and individual library and university
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the
- Knowledge of a body of standardized rules, procedures or
operations requiring considerable training and/or experience to
perform the full range of standard assignments and resolve
recurring problems. Or, skill, acquired through considerable
training and experience, to operate varied equipment.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity