Fairfield University seeks two Learning Designers who will apply knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and learning design in the development and evaluation of online instructional materials for the schools within the University. The role of the Learning Designer is to collaborate with Program Directors, Faculty, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and the University’s Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) to assist faculty in creating and revising online and hybrid courses and materials.
Additionally, the Learning Designers will collaborate with the broader online learning team, taking design initiative on all aspects of course development, and recommending solutions to design and project management challenges. Reporting the Vice President, Digital Strategy and Online Learning, the Learning Designer will have a demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage their design work load.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- All aspects of the learning design process: assessing course needs, analyzing learner background knowledge and instructional requirements, translating learning objectives and outcomes to the online environment, and designing and developing instructional experiences that most effectively target learning outcomes and portray the vision the given program and faculty has for the course and/or program.
- Collaboration, creativity, flexibility, timeliness, professionalism, with a strong commitment to quality.
- Having knowledge of various learning technologies and digital tools in order to assist faculty in the selection of such tools to support and enhance instructional effectiveness
- Leading and facilitating clear and professional communication with internal and external team members in a variety of contexts, including email discussions, conference calls, and face-to-face and online presentations.
- Working independently and collaboratively on all aspects of the course design and development process.
- Project management, from project planning through completion and evaluation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Will have 1- 3 years of related experience.
- Direct experience with project management of learning design projects, instructional design experience in higher education, experience developing courses and materials for progressive educational paradigms.
- Knowledge of instructional design, learning theories and learning technologies.
- Familiarity with current trends and developments in learning design and higher education including open educational resources, competency-based learning, adaptive learning and personalized learning.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or other post-graduate education in Learning Design, Learning Experience Design, Instructional Technology.
President - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the 'My Experience' section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to email@example.com