Job Code/Title 82694 - H - Sr Research Analyst 1 Position Number HU1088 Working Title Research Analyst Department Family Medicine & Population Health Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $40.00 Campus Off-site Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
This Research Analyst will serve as a consultant for the existing Research Analyst and biostatistical team. The area of responsibility will primarily include guiding the analyst in necessary tasks. Guidance will address:
• Design and maintenance of databases for several ongoing projects in the Department of Family Medicine and Population Health. Data sources will include electronic medical records, personal health records, online surveys, paper surveys, the Virginia All Payer Claims Data, American Community Survey data, and other sources.
• Collaboration with informatics staff in a range of primary care practices, health systems, and other organizations to import and securely store data.
• Maintenance of privacy and confidentiality protocols for handling data.
• Generation of data summaries and databases for further analysis by department statisticians.
• Development, modification, and testing of programs that query and summarize departmental data.
• Development and maintenance of documentation of department databases.
• Simultaneous management of multiple projects.
• Knowledge of the research team’s data base and data architecture
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies, health informatics, or a related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relational database software, specifically Microsoft SQL Server
• Working knowledge of at least one statistical computing platform, such as SAS or R
• Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 09/10/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100579 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents