Transitions Tutor, PT Flex
Posting Number S01290 Position Title Transitions Tutor, PT Flex Internal Position Title Transitions Tutor PT Flex Department Adult Education Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The Transitions Tutor provides academic tutoring to Adult Education students transitioning to college coursework. The tutor will provide support to students enrolled in one of the college’s ICAPS (Integrated Career and Academic Preparation System) programs: Automotive, Administrative Management, Computer Information Technology, Phlebotomy, etc.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher or an Associate’s degree with previous experience
2. Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
3. Skilled with Zoom, Microsoft Office, MS Windows and Internet Explorer
4. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Background in teaching or tutoring English
2. Background in teaching or tutoring ESL students
3. Bilingual in Spanish
4. Experience working with diverse student populations
Posting Date 09/10/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Positions will remain open until filled.
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $19.62/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 1-2 hours per week Work Schedule
The Adult Education and ESL Division is currently seeking tutors for several classes. Work schedule will be based on student and tutor availability. Evenings preferred.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or an Associate's
degree with previous experience?
- * Are you skilled with Zoom, Microsoft Office, MS Windows and
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving
- * Do you have a background in teaching or tutoring English?
- * Do you have a background in teaching or tutoring ESL
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Do you have experience working with diverse student
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake