Financial Aid Specialist
Posting Number S01291 Position Title Financial Aid Specialist Internal Position Title Financial Aid Specialist Department Financial Aid Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for advising and assisting students and parents with effectively accessing and receiving federal and state financial aid, and scholarship resources available through the College of Lake County. Assists in the application process by explaining and evaluating forms, documents and determining the completeness of a financial aid file. This position is also responsible for compliance with state, federal and College regulations and policies governing the operations of the Financial Aid Department and the dissemination of the financial aid information.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
1. Computer skills.
2. Accurate computation skills.
3. Excellent organization and time management skills.
4. Knowledge of web design.
5. Previous financial aid experience.
Posting Date 09/10/2020 Closing Date 09/30/2020 Expected Start Date 10/01/2020 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $22.83/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Software Testing Required Excel Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have a high level of interpersonal and communication
- * Do you have web design experience?
- * Do you have previous financial aid experience?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake