Billing Specialist (Opt Clinic) - (STA006369)
Handles cash transactions, patient accounts, and maintains protected health information (HPI) documentation in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Perform cash management duties for the department, including receiving, recording and depositing cash in accordance with established procedures.
- Review documents, such as medical records, to compute fees or charges due in EHR system.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors, upon approval.
- Posts billable charges to patient ledger in EHR system.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Type billing documents, credit memorandums, or credit forms.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Prepare financial records and support documents.
- Answer mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.Performs other duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston