Posting Number: SRGV4638
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To perform professional accounting work involving the preparation of recording, analysis and reporting of financial data in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other applicable guidelines.
Description of Duties:
• Prepares monthly account reconciliations, financial statements and reports.
• Reviews and approves purchases, Memorandums of Employment, receipt posting, budget revisions and disbursements.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and budget analysis, as well as year-end and other annual financial reports and other applicable reporting.
• Reviews and corrects financial transactions into books of original entry as necessary.
• Reviews accounts and fund groups for priority of entries and investigates overdrafts.
• Ensures account administration is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local guidelines.
• Assembles financial data from books of original entry and central control records.
• Prepares narrative reports that summarize and interpret current and projected financial positions for management.
• May provide technical and analytical assistance to financial system end-users.
• Other duties may be assigned.
From assigned senior accounting personnel or assigned supervisor.
May supervise junior accounting personnel and clerical support staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management or related field.
Degree in Accounting.
Governmental or public accounting experience.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required.
Ability to work effectively in team environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/10/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25734