University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.57 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) Assistant Director of Financial Operations, this position will provide support and work closely with the college's Senior Administrative Service Director/Fiscal Officer in approving and analyzing financial transactions for appropriateness and correctness and initiating any necessary adjustments; preparing financial documents and analysis to identify and resolve issues and revise better business practices; and providing professional assistance to solve problems and recommend solutions. This position is expected to apply detailed knowledge in performing a wide variety of fiscal tasks including: reviewing and approving expenses against various funding sources, making fiscal projections, assisting in budget planning processes, preparing periodic reports for college administrators, and collecting and analyzing data in support of new projects and initiatives that are budget related. Duties include budget projections, customer service and preparing, processing and approving financial transactions like requisitions, department purchase orders, travel claim documents, claim vouchers, and journal vouchers for budget transfers, cost transfers, revenue transfers, encumbrance reservations, and other related tasks.
• Four years of work experience in accounting, budgeting and finance. An Associates degree in business, accounting, or a related field can be substituted for two years of experience. A bachelors degree in business, accounting, or a related field can be substituted for four years of experience.
• Experience in researching and compiling financial information, and preparing summaries and reports in a spreadsheet application.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or closely related field.
• Excellent project management skills including proficiency in prioritizing and managing diverse, ongoing projects as well as ability to adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to identify and implement creative solutions to problems, working both independently and as a team member and exercising consistent discretion and judgment, and keeping confidentiality in all matters.
• Good knowledge of enterprise-wide administrative data processing systems.
• Demonstrated proactive, strategic and detail-oriented approaches with a strong commitment to quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Must be a self-starter and can work independently with little or no supervision.
• Experience working with csv files, word processing, spreadsheets and database software to develop and automate financial reports.
• Ability to communicate well in writing; develop and maintain a good working relationship with diverse individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds at all organizational levels.
• Experience: using Excel, Banner system, Argos system; and working in an academic setting.
• Familiarity with the land-grant institution and Extension system.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002589P
Posting Date: 09/09/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by September 30, 2020. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.