Research Technician III
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is focused on developing therapeutics in the area of gene control and will leverage platforms and resources in the Therapeutic Innovation Center.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department is seeking talented Research Technician to work in an interdisciplinary team environment on early therapeutic and drug discovery projects. As our key focus is on developing specific inhibitors of the gene regulation, this work will focus on purifying a wide variety of proteins and testing for the biochemical activity of different inhibitors in development.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
- Execute purification of proteins from E. coli and S. frugiperda.
- Utilize HPLC to analyze and polish purified protein.
- Execute biochemical assays such as ADP-glo, Fluorescence Polarization, TSA.
- Utilize several of the following techniques: standard subcloning (restriction digest based, Gateway, etc), growing and transfecting S. fruigiperda, baculovirus creation and utilization, SDS-page gels and western blotting.
- Execute biochemical assays to test for activity and inhibition target proteins.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston