The Therapeutic Innovation Center is seeking a Research Associate to work in an interdisciplinary team environment on early cancer therapeutic and drug discovery projects. This position will involve next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation of various types in order to understand the consequences of specific target perturbation in normal and disease contexts.
- Plan and execute various next-generation sequencing library preparation protocols including RNAseq, ChIPseq, CLIPseq and ATACseq.
- Evaluate and analyze data associated with assigned experiments.
- Develop research technique and perform applications required for specific research projects.
- Work collaboratively with other scientists and team members in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Annotate and maintains protocol repositories for all lab members.
- Clearly document and communicate (written and oral) experimental progress and results to principal investigators.
- Assist in the preparation of laboratory reports.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Expertise with Next-generation sequencing library preparation protocols including RNAseq, ChIPseq, CLIPseq and ATACseq.
- Expertise with planning, combining and executing Illumina technology-based sequencing runs.
- Experience with nanostring technology.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and associated techniques.
- Experience with the following techniques: western blotting; DNA, RNA and protein isolation; PCR; cDNA library construction; qPCR; co-immunoprecipitation; molecular cloning (restriction digest, Gateway, etc).
There is periodic exposure to unpleasant conditions but the work is still viewed as relatively comfortable in a laboratory environment.
Frequently handle/work with biohazards or risk personal job-related injury typical of an ordinary lab environment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston