Research Associate will be responsible for implementing the GoldenBraid cloning platform in the lab and generate transgenic and genome engineered Drosophila tocks. This position will also create new tools for marking neurons and improved split-GAL4 reagents. The Research Associate will be responsible for training technicians and students in the cloning platform and work with other postdoctoral fellows in the lab to adapt the cloning methodologies.
- Executes GoldenBraid cloning method.
- Generates vectors for drug based selection and counter selection in flies (and cultured cells).
- Performs Transgenesis and Crispr/Cas9 screening in Drosophila.
- Assists in behavioral experiments to assess aggression in Drosophila using automated video analysis.
- Develops transgenes targeting specific neuropeptide encoding genes.
- Develops data for renewal of NIH RO1 and assists in writing and making figures for the proposal.
- Drosophila genetics, transgenesis, molecular biology, cell biology with fluorescence microscopy.
- Supervises rotation students and technicians in the laboratory and work with other postdoctoral fellows in the lab.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Advanced background in transposon biology.
- Advanced knowledge in transgenesis in Drosophila.
- Expertise in Drosophila genetics.
- Background in crispr/cas9 technology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston