Research Technician II
The Department of Neuroscience at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking applicants for a research technician position. The technician will work in a multi-disciplinary team to study new mouse models of neurodevelopmental disorders and develop gene therapies for these disorders. The technician will have the opportunity to perform a variety of techniques in molecular biology, mouse genetics, mouse behavior, histology, imaging, and electrophysiology. The technician will also be encouraged to independently carry out a research project.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Background in math, physics, or engineering.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston