Assistant Vice President for Advancement Services
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Institutional Advancement (SVPIA) for Baylor College of Medicine, the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services (AVP-AS) will play a critical leadership role in developing, implementing and managing high quality day-to-day Advancement Services systems. The AVP-AS will lead a professional staff of advancement professionals and serve as a key member and thought leader of the SVPIA’s leadership team. The AVP-AS will assist in conducting strategic planning, departmental organization implementation, and operational oversight of key functions that provide critical support for the frontline fundraisers, strategic initiatives, alumni affairs, faculty and staff, and ultimately a comprehensive communications platform for all internal and external stakeholders related to the work of institutional advancement. The AVP-AS will design a throughput system of prospect management that aligns and supports the portfolio needs and moves-management of a multi-tiered major and principal gifts officer program.
- Oversees routine executive and faculty relations that capture and translate vital content for institutional initiatives, campaign and proposal development and compelling cases for support.
- Practices the highest standards of personal conduct and will provide primary oversight to assigned Advancement Services members in observance of the core values of respect, integrity, innovation, teamwork, and excellence of Baylor College of Medicine.
- Engages all stakeholders in a unified and cohesive engagement model of mutual support that fosters a commonly held belief in the value and contribution of philanthropy to the academic health sciences.
- Establishes industry best practices, policies and procedures, and will organizing leadership, mentorship and oversight of all Advancement Services functions, that will prioritize customer service, donor-centered philanthropy, and collaborative teamwork amongst its members.
- Coordinates Advancement Services in support of the Associate Vice President for Development and her/his team of frontline major gifts, principal gifts, gift and estate planning, foundation relations and special programs disciplines to ensure timely delivery of their work plans, proposal development, stewardship activities, as well as data reports and evaluation to advance the strategy and secure philanthropic contributions from these units.
- Coordinates with and supports the work of the Assistant Vice President of Strategic Initiatives that further the fundraising activities of campaigns and special initiatives, the Grateful Patient Program, BCM alumni relations, corporate alliances and additional initiatives that might arise.
- Supervises prospect research to assign prospective donors to frontline portfolios, specifically by using data to identify potential new donors and to grow a robust pipeline of leadership gift prospects.
- Designs and leads a focused and sustainable effort that ensures the highest standards in quality, timely and meaningful donor stewardship.
- Establishes and maintains an annual protocol for endowment compliance that includes reports to all existing endowment donors and/or their delegates, soliciting and reviewing content from all institutional endowment holders and coordinating with the Special Programs unit for all recognition activities in association with endowment management.
- Organizes and oversees the content development and output of a highly skilled team of advancement specific communications specialists.
- Oversees the foundational opportunities for broad-based support of BCM through the outreach channels of the Annual Fund and its year round canvass of BCM contributors at the entry levels of giving, to enhance and accelerate a pipeline of future giving to the institution.
- Supports the SVPIA and AVP-SIAA as a key advisor on campaign strategy, planning, implementation and reporting.
- Partners with the SVPIA to develop a growing and efficient department, by establishing new protocols, implementing best practices in Advancement Services, developing goals and metrics for all team members, and regularly measuring progress toward those goals.
- Works closely with the senior leader of the OIAAA Business Operations to provide leadership and oversight for appropriate areas of fiscal responsibility, including annual budget planning and management, business plan design and integration with the Advancement business plan, and policies and procedures for expenditures in compliance with existing Baylor College of Medicine financial guidelines.
- Fosters an environment of fairness, cooperation, and
professionalism – principals of community that are vital to
successful advancement and the well-being of all participating
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Twelve years of relevant experience with six years of direct
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston