Assistant Coordinator, Nursing Retention Specialist
Coordinator, Nursing Retention Specialist,
12-Month Administrative Faculty
Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) is a comprehensive two-year college of the Virginia Community College System, serving the City of Martinsville and the counties of Henry and Patrick. PHCC serves approximately 3,500 credit and almost 2,700 non-credit students annually and, consistently ranks among the top ten “Most Tech-Savvy” community colleges in the country by the Center for Digital Education. It is one of the nation's 82 "Achieving the Dream" Leader Colleges. The college offers transfer programs, in addition to career-track and certification programs, and serves more than 200 employers through workforce development. It is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
The Assistant Coordinator, Nursing Retention Specialist will work with nursing students to enhance nursing program retention and completion rates serving as a “RN Success Coach”. This position creates a pathway for establishing and maintaining rapport with nursing students through pre-program advising, instruction, and coordinated remediation efforts. The position will also support pre-program advising for college wide health application programs by fostering guidance through the competitive program admission processes.
Furthermore, the Assistant Coordinator will:
- Utilize nursing program data to guide nursing program remediation efforts in collaboration with nursing faculty
- Administer the attrition risk survey and analyze results
- Develop and deliver scheduled study skills sessions and workshops to meet the needs of nursing students who are at risk
- Provide pre-program information sessions to discuss the rigor and strategies needed for program success as students prepare for competitive application cycles for specified health programs
- Collaborate with high school career coaches to recruit and advise high schools students who plan to pursue PHCC competitive entry healthcare programs
- Assist with advising for health programs
- Teach up to 12 nursing credit hours per year, summer, fall, and spring; may include clinical instruction
- Assist nursing students with remediation portfolio development
- Track remediation student from re-entry to program exit
- Coordinate and conduct clinical remediation with the PHCC Simulation Laboratory and PHCC Nursing Laboratory
- Assist with Nursing and Allied Health Office functions to support meeting student needs
- Provide data regarding outreach and remediation efforts to support grant reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing and Allied Health
This position is funded through a grant and is contingent upon renewal of funding.
Salary: Minimum $57,742, with excellent benefits package; Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 24,
****Transcripts are required as part of the application process for any college coursework. If you do not provide unofficial or official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work you will be disqualified. ****
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Must hold an unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or have a license with multistate licensure privilege.
- Must have two years of current direct patient care experience.
KSA’s and or Competencies required to successfully perform the work
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong human relations skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Flexibility in handling multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in handling confidential and sensitive issues.
- Current computer skills using word processing, Excel, database management, and presentation.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related health field.
- Community College teaching experience.
- Prior student advising experience or case management experience.
Selected applicant must pass a criminal records background check. Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon employment.
Only applications submitted through the Virginia Jobs online application process will be accepted. Submission of application must also include:
- Cover letter, and
- Transcripts of all college undergraduate and graduate work.
If the transcripts are not attached to the online application, please provide as the "other document" a written letter to indicate that the transcripts are being forwarded by mail. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for initial screening however official transcripts will be required upon employment.
Applicants who fail to submit the required materials will not be considered.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Failure to complete all sections of the application including the "Posting Specific Questions", or any other sections of the application, will render the application incomplete and applicant will not be considered. Using the statement "See Resume" on the application will render the application incomplete.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS may be sent to the attention of Human Resources c/o Teddy Martin, Patrick Henry Community College, 645 Patriot Avenue Martinsville, VA 24112. If applicable, indicate on your application that your official transcript has been requested and mailed to the HR department.
REFERENCE LETTERS submitted by a third party must be uploaded to your application to be considered. Applications and supporting materials are only accepted online.
Patrick Henry Community College complies with E-Verify which is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
Patrick Henry Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or veteran’s status. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), Patrick Henry Community College will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes. Contact 276-656-0208 for assistance.
PHCC is committed to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and Diversity.
PHCC’s Title IX Coordinator is Jack Hanbury, VP of Finance and Administration, who may be reached by phone at 276-656-0205 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What factors should be considered when planning to remediate nursing students who have encountered academic failure?
What priorities should be incorporated to effectively plan an information session for students who are interested in applying to a community college nursing program or other health education application programs?
What knowledge and experience do you have with advising that will aide you in building rapport with students pursuing health careers at a community college?
What makes you the most qualified person for this position?
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martinsville
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martinsville
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martinsville
- Health Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martinsville