Director of Student Health Services
Director of Student Health Services
Student Health Services
Central Connecticut State University’s Student Health Services invites applicants to apply for the Director of Student Health Services. The Director will provide direct medical services to students as the University physician. The successful candidate will plan, develop and provide oversight to total student health care activities for the University, including managing compliant student health record keeping processes. This professional will be required to work in collaboration with other student support services on campus, such as Counseling Services in an effort to encourage student wellness, such as stress reduction, substance abuse preventive programs, and crisis intervention services. The Director provides education, consultation, and training to department employees and colleagues across campus and in the community with efforts related to health awareness and program effectiveness. This Director supervises professional and/or support staff.
- Leads and manages Student Health Services, which is responsible for meeting the need for health care and wellness education for the University student body.
- Promotes understanding of the role and function of the Student Health Services throughout the university and CSCU community, actively advocating for the value of students’ developing life-long habits of mental and physical health, which supports them in achieving academic and personal success.
- Participates in the selection process, supervises and evaluates all professional and administrative support staff which includes, APRNs, RNs, wellness coordinator, and administrative support staff.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Establishes, reviews and revises as necessary all medical policies, procedures and protocols within Student Health Services assuring that they are current and reflect best practices and any requirements of the profession or the law. This includes preparing standing orders and any other directives necessary to assure the efficient and effective administration of health care to students of the University.
- Conducts periodic reviews of the effectiveness of health education, wellness, and outreach programming; provides support and expertise; and, initiate changes, if warranted.
- Directs the development of the annual operating budget for Student Health Services, and provides budget management.
- Provides in-service supervision and professional development opportunities for all staff, to assure compliance with best practices and the efficient management and operation of Student Health Services.
- Provides oversight and direction for the use of prescription medications maintained in, administered by or prescribed by personnel in Student Health Services.
- Develops, maintains and serves as liaison for on-going collegial relationships both with academic departments and other units within the University, and with the medical community of Greater New Britain, including medical specialists, emergency wards, hospitals, clinics and other treatment facilities.
- Confers with others, with permission of the patient or as permitted by law/professional standards, regarding student health issues.
- Consults with the Vice President of Student Affairs, Associate Dean of Students, Dean of Students, Director of Counseling, Director of Residence Life, Chief of University Police, Director of Student Conduct in cases involving student emergencies, including but not limited to, a student medical withdrawal from the university.
- Consults with University officers and CSCU officers on student insurance coverage (as applicable), uniform health forms and system wide procedures.
- Performs others duties and responsibilities related to those above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
- Must be Medical Doctor licensed or eligible for license to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Minimum of 6 years in the practice of medicine or health care and/or health care administration
- Must possess experience in managing and administering a health care unit, preferably in a school/university setting with a late adolescent/young adult patient population;
- Demonstrate familiarity with and competence in the major mental and physical health issues of contemporary college students
- Adhere to a well-conceived philosophy of health care within the context of post-secondary education
- Have familiarity with professional organizations that contribute to the overall health and wellness of college students
- Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may also be considered.
The University: The largest of Connecticut’s regional comprehensive universities, Central currently enrolls 11,880 students. This includes 7,605 full-time undergraduates, 1,949 part-time undergraduates, 648 full-time graduate students, and 1,678 part-time graduate students. A third of its undergraduates are students of color, the largest group being Hispanic. Ninety-three percent of the students are from Connecticut. An increasingly residential campus, 64 percent of Central’s first-year students live on campus; 24 percent of all undergraduates live on campus. For more information about Central Connecticut State University, please visit www.ccsu.edu .
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment : For full consideration, applications must be received by September 25, 2020 .
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Please submit the following in one document:
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Names of three current professional references with title, email addresses and telephone numbers
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Fringe benefits include personal and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, a multi- plan retirement, retirement health care, deferred compensation, Dependent Care Assistant and Med Flex spending accounts, supplemental benefits such as long term, short term disability, tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Karen Misbach at 860-832-2499 or Karen.email@example.com
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain