Continuing Education Lecturer - Substance Abuse
SUBSTANCE ABUSE INSTRUCTOR - CONTINUING EDUCATION – PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College seeks a dynamic, engaging, and experienced substance abuse instructor to teach in-person a 7-week or a 28-hour course on substance abuse. The course provides a step by step plan for those who currently are Certified Alcohol Drug Counselors (CADC) to obtain Continuing Education Units (CEU) and for those thinking of becoming a substance abuse counselor. The instructor will teach, review assignments, contact, coach, mentor, and tutor students. The class meets for 7 Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for 4 hours per week. The course goes from October 31 to November 21, 2020. Each class will use lectures and media presentations, including PowerPoint, videos, and other learning resources. Future courses are coming as well. Once students complete the course, they will have the knowledge and tools necessary to provide appropriate assessment and treatment for all substance abuse levels and to support clients in short- or long-term treatment. This course is currently being taught in person.
- Coordinate course schedule, curriculum content, and assessment tools with the Dean of Community and Continuing Education.
- Provide instruction as directed and use effective teaching methods.
- Prepare instructional program objectives, outlines, and lesson plans.
- Adapt teaching methods as needed.
- Plan and conduct activities that provide students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Regularly contacts students to coach, mentor, and tutor them in the course using our online platforms such as Zoom, Brightspace, or via phone, email, etc.
- Review course materials with students during office hours.
- Be prepared to teach this course in-person, remotely, or a combination of both if necessary.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Science. MSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred)
- Approved by the Illinois Certification Board (ICB) to teach substance abuse either in person or online
- At least 1 year of experience teaching substance abuse courses, prevention, education and/or training activities
- Skilled in substance abuse educational intervention curriculum;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as Brightspace D2L, desired
City Colleges of Chicago is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago