The Office of Residential Life is seeking one live-in, twelve-month Area Coordinator. This position reflects Skidmore College’s commitment to excellence and community. Skidmore College offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and a furnished two-bedroom apartment on campus that includes a washer and dryer unit. Pets are permitted with permission from the Associate Dean. The Area Coordinator is a full-time, live-in professional and member of the Office of Residential Life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
STAFF SUPERVISION -recruit, select, train, supervise, and
evaluate 10-16 Resident Assistants (RA).
1. Meet bi-weekly with each RA to assess hall environments, student concerns and behaviors, community trends, and programs.
2. Provide goal setting, mid-year evaluation, and year-end evaluation for each RA.
3. Assist RAs in responding to student issues, including roommate conflicts and physical, emotional, identity, or psychological concerns.
4. Directly oversee the RA on call process. Advise or assist RAs in responding to concerning incidents or potential policy violations in and around the residence halls/apartments.
5. Regular interaction with residents, RAs, and live-in professionals during evenings and weekends to support a culture of involvement and engagement.
AREA MANAGEMENT -manage daily operations for specific residence
halls and/or apartment buildings.
1. Assist with housing operations such as room/apartment inspection forms and room changes.
2. Report facility concerns.
3. Manage residence hall openings and closings at the beginning and end of each semester.
4. Serve as the Area Coordinator On-Call on a rotational basis, advising RAs and responding to serious incidents and emergencies on campus.
5. Counsel students in relation to their personal and behavioral needs and make appropriate referrals.
6. Assess and respond appropriately to safety reports and incident documentation.
7. Adjudicate violations of college policy and document through Maxient.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT -collaborate with institutional partners
and resources for the continued development and support of
students, staff, faculty, and others.
1. Promote an inclusive community through role modeling, challenging others, and emphasizing respect.
2. Participate in divisional committees, search committees, training and development opportunities.
3. Serve as a source of information about the College and its resources to students, staff, faculty, families, and others.
GENERAL PROCESSES -participate in overall management of the
residential life office through leadership in departmental and
1. Assist with the development, planning, and implementation of RA training, including in-service training.
2. Participate in the recruitment and selection processes for student and professional staff.
3. Assist with most aspects of the housing selection process for new and returning students.
4. Attend and participate in weekly residential life office meetings, Student Affairs meetings, retreats, and other gatherings as needed.
Master’s required with at least one year of related work
experience at time of hire (professional or graduate level).
Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students and staff
Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication, customer service, and conflict management skills
Program and project development
Ability to adapt to change
Passion for residential life
Master’s degree in College Student Personnel or related area of
Experience living in a residential community (professional, graduate assistant).
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus
community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not
discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic
origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence,
or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
The college encourages candidates from under-represented groups and individuals who have demonstrated experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and/or service to apply.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable
background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS .Special Instructions to Applicant
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume and list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references.
Documents must be attached through the application system. If you encounter difficulty, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com or 518 580.5800Posting Date 09/09/2020 Closing Date
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs