Professional Research Assistant
Public safety and first responders have a greater need for mobile application security and identity verification methodologies. Traditional smartphone and application authentication methods are not oriented towards the first response and often inconvenient and cumbersome to use. We encourage applications for a Computer Scientist at NIST/PSCR (Public Safety Communications Research Division 671) to join our team, who will help develop mobile device applications as well as perform code review and evaluation. The Computer Scientist must be familiar with secure coding practices and the implementation of cybersecurity controls in application programming. This role may also be tasked with code evaluation for PSCR prize challenge competitions as well as application prototyping, updating, and review among PSCR’s various research portfolio areas.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the Network Operations Group under the Public Safety Communications Research Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Application code development for smartphone authentication and identity verification methods.
- Evaluation and code review of PSCR prize challenge competitions.
- Perform various application prototyping, updating, and reviews for PSCR’s various research portfolio areas.
What We Can Offer
The annual salary range for this position is market-based, highly competitive, and will be based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adaptable. Be Groundbreaking. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proven experience with full-stack web development, specifically with Java, Java scripting, CSS and HTML.
- Mobile application development with a preference towards Android operating system.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience and/or knowledge or programming of mobile SIM technology.
- Specific experience with smartphone SIM technology and biometric authentication methods are also a plus.
- Familiarity of biometric authentication devices, such as fingerprint verification.
- Knowledge and/or experience of other programming languages, such as Python, C, C++, etc. a plus.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one reference and we will request a letter of recommendation from them immediately upon application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Valencia
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder