Student Enrollment Specialist
Student Enrollment Specialist
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Student Enrollment Specialist
Provide support for all departments within Student and Enrollment Services at the assigned campus. Respond to questions, provide accurate information in a timely manner and assist in resolving problems as needed within the department/division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students, staff, faculty and the general public with correct information and direction regarding college and student development services in person and over the telephone.
- Provide general advising for credit and non-credit classes, using the college catalog and schedule of classes.
- Provide diverse secretarial support to the Dean of Student and Enrollment Services, Associate Deans of Students and other development departments, as requested, including drafting letters, reports, preliminary financial aid application processing, basic advising and admission questions and procedures, class and appointment scheduling, proofreading, graphic projects and assistance with special projects.
- Maintain division's organizational chart, inclement weather tree and email address book.
- Coordinate with the executive secretary to follow-up on leave and travel forms, check requests and other forms to ensure receipt of items/completion of requests as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) year of related experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
A valid State of Texas Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Collin Board policies, District procedures, Student Code of Conduct and public relations procedures
- Knowledge of campus and District resources
- Knowledge of SAFAC funding
- Knowledge of OrgSync and student organization procedures
- Knowledge of Banner and network systems
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Mentoring skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Budgetary skills
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to proofread and edit
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to stay current on higher education programs, trends and issues
- Ability to perform at a high level of creativity and adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of faculty/staff/administrators
- Ability to coordinate and delegate responsibilities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney