Posting Job Title
Number of openings
Plan and implement a program appropriate for a designated group of young children and support a positive learning environment for college students.
• Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related academic field with 20 hours in Early Childhood Education and 10 hours of related coursework; Pursue a bachelor’s degree with an additional 6 hours of related coursework.
• Three months’ experience in a child care center or preschool
• Meet requirements for program director of a unit of children to be served as defined by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
• Experience with word processing and general computer use
• Good interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related academic field with 20 hours in early childhood education and 16 hours of related coursework.
• Experience with a similar age group of children as indicated by the position available
• Experience in a nationally accredited center
Required application documents
Please submit a cover letter and unofficial transcripts with the application. Official transcripts will be requested upon hire.
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, 11:00a.m. - 5:30p.m.
Salary Grade Level
$18.81 per hour
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 02 Sep 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Dec 2020 Central Standard Time