Posting Job Title
Number of openings
Provide one on one instruction in various courses in the Academic Achievement Center, especially to English Language Learners and those with barriers to academic success. Assist walk-in students from all disciplines with interventions and strategies to learn effectively in all content areas. Other tasks will include individualizing instruction, diagnosing learning barriers, and constructing student learning plans. May also include directing students to needed campus resources and responding to online requests for class support, as well as rectifying software issues.
- Master's degree in Education, Reading, English, Math, ESL, or ABE or closely related discipline
- Certification in Reading, Special Education, Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language or closely-related discipline required (or at least 15 graduate hours in one of these subjects, which would certify a candidate in the state of Kansas)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with use of office equipment, personal computers and Learning Management Systems
- Experience teaching at the Community College level
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Experience working in a tutor capacity
- Two years of related work experience in a higher education academic setting
Required application documents
Please submit a resume with the application.
Hours per Week
Daytime hours, days will vary
Salary Grade Level
$21.07 per hour
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 09 Sep 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Sep 2020 Central Daylight Time