Information Security Administrator IV
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors information security by reviewing industry security advisories, compliance with regulatory requirements, performing risk assessments and auditing systems, monitoring data security.
- Manages and maintains information security by performing forensic investigations, incident management, develops tools, designs and architects network and application security, manages network devices and application security.
- Promotes information security awareness by maintaining security website, presenting security topics to groups, training department users on system security.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent in experience.
- 7 or more years experience working with information, application or network security.
- One or more approved Information Security Professional certifications (CISSP, CISM, GSEC, etc.).
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
- Multiple Information Security Professional certifications or other relevant certifications.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP protocols, multiple operations systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.), enterprise applications, enterprise change control methodology and documentation processes, network security devices (firewall, IDS/IPS, etc.), authentication protocols and methods (NTLM, Kerberos, etc.), encryption algorithms.
- Knowledge (in-depth) of forensic and incident management techniques, basic understanding of compliance and regulatory issues.
- Ability to audit, design, architect, implement large-scale security, to perform security risk assessment of IT solutions, and to develop or customize security tools as needed.
- Ability to manage application security; develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive information security education program; monitor industry security advisories, interpret and recommend changes to security policy, supervise and train other information security engineers, and to work independently as well as within a team to fulfill project goals.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Advertised: September 9, 2020 Central Daylight Time