Job Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting IBR principal investigators by carrying out research activities according to established research protocols. This job is 10-15 hrs/week, temporary position, and requires the successful applicant reside in the Dallas/Denton/Fort Worth area. This position will end in October 2022. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Assists IBR investigators by participating in field-based recruiting, data collection, and intervention activities for a research study.
2. Recruits research participants and administers informed consent procedures according to established research protocols.
3. Administers baseline and follow-up surveys and manualized sessions according to research protocol.
4. Schedules research participants for survey and manualized sessions according to established scheduling guidelines and sends reminders for appointments.
5. Maintains research logs and other project paperwork following protocol for protection and transmittal of data.
6. Follows established research protocols for protecting confidentiality of participants and data.
7. Communicates frequently with project staff at TCU about study process.
8. Communicates frequently with agency staff in accordance with study protocols and guidelines for protection of participant confidentiality.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science (Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice) or related field. Preferred Education & Experience: • Experience or training in research activities.
• Experience or training in a behavioral health (e.g., psychology, counseling, social work), criminal justice, or child welfare-related field. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • None Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • MSW, LPC or equivalent Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of basic research techniques.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of clinical engagement techniques (e.g., motivational interviewing).
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours, with occasional travel.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: September 9, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth