Advisor I, Admissions
Requisition Number S418P Home Org Name Undergraduate Admissions Division Name VP for Enrollment Management Position Title Advisor I, Admissions Job Class Code AD02A Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Recruits students and provides assistance and advice in relation to the admissions process. This position will be based on campus and will have in-state and out-of-state territory assignments.
Recruits and enrolls prospective students by advising the students and parents over the phone, online, or in person to provide information about Auburn’s admissions process, scholarship opportunities, academic programs and educational and extra-curricular opportunities.
-Recruits and enrolls a robust and diverse population of students by attending college fair programs, visiting high schools, participating in campus recruitment activities, and/or other recruitment activities.
-Presents admissions information sessions, assists with calls and email communication, walk-in appointments, and hosts off-campus student meetings.
-Collaborates with others within the University by attending training opportunities throughout the year in order to ensure up-to-date information is provided to potential students.
-Coordinates recruitment activities and programs and may coordinate/give campus tours.
-Participates in the admissions process of students to include, but not limited to, reviewing applications and recommending students for admission.
-Provides accurate and timely recruitment, expense, and purchasing reports.
-Supports, assists, and implements on-campus and off-campus events to include, but are not limited to, prospective student programs, accepted student programs, and counselor programs.
-Assists with achieving individual and overall University goals identified in the strategic plan. Performs other duties as assigned.
-Ability to use independent and sound judgement.
Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
Education, Communications, Marketing, Counseling, Public/Business Administration or related field.
Years of Experience No Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
1. Must have effective written and verbal communication and human relations skills.
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
1. Must have a valid driver’s license prior to employment.
1. Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in advising, recruiting and/or counseling
2. Undergraduate student recruitment experience in higher education and a successful record of working independently
3. Able to speak publicly to small and large groups.
4. A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
5. Bilingual – Spanish speaking.
6. Experience in public relations, marketing, recruiting, advising, and/or counseling.
7. Experience providing high level of customer service in an academic environment
Salary Grade 31 Salary Range $31,300 - $52,100 Job Category Student Affairs Working Hours if Non-Traditional 7:45am-4:45pm List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/09/2020 Closing Date 09/22/2020 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Spanish speaking preferred.
Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19137 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Education, Communications, Marketing, Counseling,
Public/Business Administration or related field?
- Will obtain in the next six months
- * Do you have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain
one prior to selection?
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn