Accreditation Officer and Business Analyst Official
Working Title: Accreditation Officer and Business Analyst Official Title: Operations Program Associate Employment Class: University Staff FTE: 1.0 Compensation: $15.73 - $25.04 FLSA Status: Non-exempt Terms of Employment: Continuous Position Summary: The person who holds this position will support the Dean and Associate Dean in managing AACSB accreditation by defining, planning, executing, and evaluating decision data and reporting systems for the college and for its business units (departments and centers). The person will be responsible for enhancing operations, managing critical data for internal and external stakeholders, and support project management for accreditation, assessment, and strategic planning. The position reports to the Associate Dean of the College of Business. Responsibilities
60% Data Support for Accreditation
- Collaborate with the college units (including Dean's Office, Undergraduate Programs, Graduate Programs, Alumni and Advancement) to plan, develop, manage, and analyze data systems and reporting for the college.
- Educate faculty and staff regarding accreditation and assessment processes and build their awareness and involvement.
- Provide support to Graduate and Undergraduate Programs to enhance AACSB accreditation reporting, program reviews, program decisions, student experience, alumni engagement, and advancement efforts.
- Assist COB Dean’s Office and College committees, Graduate and Undergraduate Programs with designing data collection systems (e.g., surveys, internal data systems, institutional research requests) and collecting data to monitor employee and student outcomes (e.g., climate surveys for employees, salary and advancement data for graduates).
- Monitor and manage project calendar(s) for assessment and accreditation.
- Enter historical assessment data into database.
- Build and maintain visualization and analysis front end for assessment database.
- Provide training to faculty and staff on how to analyze assessment data.
- Work with instructors of Pre-Core, Core, and GKR courses to ensure pre and posttests are administered.
- Work with Canvas administrators to set up pre and posttests.
- Support Associate Dean in conducting exit interviews.
- Work with faculty as well as college and university units to ensure Digital Measures data is complete and accurate. Responds to requests from faculty and staff for Digital Measures reports.
- Proctor assessment exams taken in computer labs.
- Work with College of Business Associate Dean and support staff to respond to external surveys.
- Work with Associate Dean to manage annual faculty evaluation process, including making updates to Digital Measures.
15% Manage Accreditation Process
- Manage accreditation timeline
- Track programs excluded from accreditation and update exclusions as needed with AACSB (does this mean monitoring curriculum approvals at UWO for potentially problematic programs.)
- Manage accreditation report writing process
- Plan visit
- Train faculty and staff on AACSB standards and Accreditation process
- Annual report for AACSB standards – track what happened during the year, which would be applicable to each of the standards.
- Support for department/major specific AoL efforts (voluntary on the part of departments)
- Monitor changes to AACSB processes and standards to determine whether changes in COB policy and practices are needed for compliance.
- Ensure completion of annual surveys required by AACSB for accreditation.
15% Strategic Planning Project Management and Support
- Provide administrative support for Strategic Planning:
- Make room reservations and other logistical arrangements as required
- Post meeting announcements as required by the Wisconsin Open Meeting Law
- Prepare and distribute agendas, including related materials pertaining to the agenda items
- Record and distribute minutes. Maintain their college master files in cooperation with appropriate administrators
- Invite and coordinate the attendance of meetings guests asked to provide information on particular agenda items, manages posting of agendas, meeting materials, takes minutes and ensures compliance with open records requirements.
- Provide support to Strategic Planning Council in determining which metrics to include in the strategic dashboard.
- Manage and monitor the activities of the SPC to ensure committee activities are performed in a timely manner
- Perform project management activities for SPC
- Build and maintain key strategic metrics dashboard for the college.
- Generate reports for external surveys and publications as well as reports requested by college staff.
- Assist Graduate and Undergraduate programs with collecting and analyzing market impact data.
10% Business Process Improvement and College Projects
- Evaluate new data systems and applications technologies for college use and provide training to staff.
- Design and implement processes to move various college and department-wide exams to computer-based format.
- Provide consultation and collaborate on projects to improve operational efficiency within units and across the college.
- Document workflows, processes, and systems used to collect, analyze, and present all data related to assessment, accreditation, and strategic initiatives.
- Document project progress and report/present results.
- Answer calls and respond to inquiries by outside entities.
-Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
-Work experience related to data analytics
-Report writing experience presenting qualitative and quantitative data
-Experience working with accreditation standards, compliance, government regulation or similar rules
-Experience working with and organizing records
-Experience with maintaining a high level of professionalism and ability to protect confidential information
-Experience using Excel, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, and Outlook or similar software, and adapting to new technologies as they are introduced
-Experience working effectively in teams
-Experience making decisions and work independently
-Excellent writing skills
-Attention to detail
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Strong project management skills
-Experience working with AACSB accreditation standards
-Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree in business, statistics, math, computer science, or a related field is desirable.
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
- Cover letter
- Three references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/ .
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 27 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/ , or call UWOâ€™s Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh