Director of Counseling
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Director of Counseling
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
Responsible for the development and implementation of district and campus strategies, procedures in support of comprehensive academic advising and counseling programs on the campus reporting directly to the Vice-President for Student Development Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, directs, implements and administers academic advising and counseling programs including Early Alert, Advising Case Management, and Counseling Case Management
• Responsible for the strategic planning and operational management of academic advising and counseling
• Reviews and recommends policies and procedures in adherence with federal and state law
• Provides interpretation, oversight and guidance in implementing academic advising and counseling programs to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations
• Provides leadership, supervises and evaluates staff; develops and implements training and training materials; provides guidance and support concerning personal and professional development
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC ).
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or directly related counseling area
• Three (3) years counseling experience in higher education
• Three (3) years management experience supervising employees, office administration and program management
• Demonstrated experience in human relations and communication skills and ability to work with a diverse staff
• Experience with retention programs at the college or university level
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Doctorate (or progress toward a doctorate) degree in higher education or related area
• Counseling and/or academic advising experience in a community college environment
• Credentialed in one or more of the following: Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC ), National Certified Counselor ( NCC ), Licensed Clinical Psychologist ( LCP ), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist ( LMFT ), Licensed Master Social Worker ( LMSW ), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker ( LCSW )
• Five (5) (or more) years of supervisory/management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth