Outreach Coordinator (AA21102)
Outreach Coordinator (AA21102)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Academic Affairs
Unit: Academic Affairs214, MAPE
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Work Schedule/Hours/Days: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on September 29, 2020 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: MAPE Unclassified*
Salary Minimum: $53,682
Salary Maximum: $95,171
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 214, MAPE
This position is responsible for the growth of Workforce Professional Education (WPE) Programs, including program planning, coordination, development, sales, implementation and maintenance. This position will seek out new program opportunities, create / modify courses, programs and activities to meet the ever changing needs of individual learners. Promotes professional continuing education programs to public and private organizations. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports. As a key external representative of the Division, this position will utilize excellent judgement to develop credible and meaningful relationships with business and or the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, English, Public Relations, or related fields (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse population of faculty, staff and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in publication development: producing attractive and effective print pieces.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in professional web page design and development to meet communication goals through the use of web publishing programs and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project management; developing and meeting project milestones, timelines and goals.
- Sufficient organizational and planning skills to assess client needs, develop strategies and execute plan in a timely manner.
- Experience in market concepts sufficient to analyze markets, develop and execute strategies.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director of Workforce Development
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota Associate of Professional Employees which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Posting Number: M062M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 09/08/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1685
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.