Office of Field
Office of Field & International Experience, Assistant Director (AA21113)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Education, College of
Unit: Field and International Experience211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on September 29, 2020 and go until finalists have been selected.
POSITION:Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,138
Salary Maximum: $74,719
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
In partnership with the College of Education, the Assistant Director for the Office of Field and International Experience (OFIE) will place P-12 teacher candidates within sites in public school districts. The Assistant Director will facilitate, manage, and nurture relationship building. In addition, the Assistant Director will serve as the instructor for College of Education First Year Experience courses, co-teach seminars for student teachers or other teacher preparation related courses. The Assistant Director will also be involved with collaborative planning, preparation and delivery of professional development activities for students, university and/or public school faculty.
The Assistant Director will develop, deliver and implement professional development programs for student teacher, P-12 teachers, University faculty, and more as it relates to teacher preparation, placement and success. In addition, the incumbent will be involved in decisions about program activities and program improvements.
- Master’s Degree* in any field.
- Bachelor’s Degree* in Education or Equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience with P-12 schools.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License. (Approximately 15% travel required in Minnesota to meet with K-12 school representatives to secure field placements.)
*Degrees listed above must be conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability for creative problem solving and the ability to understand complex systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multi data management systems, such as File Maker Pro, Access, TK20, Agile Grad.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the co-teaching model, teacher performance assessments, and the edTPA.
- Demonstrated knowledge in coaching, mentoring, and assessment of teach and/or teacher candidate performance.
- Demonstrated experience with instructional/educational technology.
- Demonstrated skill with word processing and excel.
- Demonstrated skill with oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple projects simultaneously
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
More information on the College of Education can be found here: http:ed.mnsu.edu
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director, Office of Field & International Experience
Minnesota State University, Mankato
119 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M061M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 09/08/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1684
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.