Executive Director, Counseling and Psychological Services
The Executive Director of Counseling & Psychological Services at UNO & UNMC provides strategic direction for a comprehensive mental health portfolio including clinical services, suicide awareness and prevention, tele-health, and wellness & outreach education. The Executive Director leads and directs a collaborative and integrated model of holistic wellness that addresses the needs of a diverse student population through the provision of mental health services and programs that address the dimensionality of wellness including; emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and spiritual wellness.
The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the diverse issues facing today’s undergraduate, graduate, and professional students including navigating campus climate issues. The individual in this position must be a visionary and student-centered leader who has the knowledge, skills, and preparation to develop and lead outstanding, best practice ready programs in an integrative college mental health and wellbeing model. The Executive Director must have strong clinical judgment, compassion, and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a broad institutional perspective and work effectively as both a team leader and team member who can inspire confidence and trust among both supervisors and subordinates.
The successful candidate will balance clinical and administrative duties, guide decisions regarding campus-wide prevention, climate and wellness initiatives, and ensure that all clinical management guidelines, protocols, and practices reflect and are consistent with current standards and evidence-based research. A key focus of this position is to ensure the design, delivery, and assessment of effective counseling, prevention, and wellness programs to reduce barriers to learning and create opportunities for greater academic achievement and overall student success.
- D. or Psy.D. in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline
- Must be a licensed psychologist in the State of Nebraska or eligible for licensure as a psychologist with the State of Nebraska within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an administrative/supervision role at a university counseling center providing personal counseling and career testing and counseling, crisis intervention and counseling, and mental health consultation
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience providing clinical supervision of graduate level students and licensed clinicians
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with qualifications, minimum $140,000/year
For more information please contact email@example.com.
To apply, please visit: http://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/11399
Initial application review will begin on 10/31/2020. Applications received prior to this date will be considered. Applications received after the review date may be considered.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed in the ad. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Student Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Counseling Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Executive Directors Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha