Assistant/Associate Professor - Aviation
Assistant (Tenure Track) or Associate (Tenured)
Department of Engineering & Technology
Southeast Missouri State University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time faculty position to develop and support an aviation program in the Department of Engineering & Technology. The appointment would include a release for the initial development of the program.
- Develop courses and curriculum for a commercial-pilot-training bachelor-degree program, with a goal of meeting requirements of both the FAA 14 CFR Part 141 and the Aviation Accreditation Board International (AABI) accreditation
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in aviation, unmanned aircraft systems, and potentially other areas as assigned and qualified
- Assist with a partnership (including its development) to provide flight training for the program
- Develop and conduct any laboratory activities and maintain equipment and facilities associated with the onsite courses taught
- Establish a productive research program to support undergraduate degree programs
- Develop relationships with the aviation industry and foster opportunities to provide professional training opportunities to external partners
- Advise students and provide service to the Department/College/University
- MS or MBA (preference for doctorate) in Aviation, Aviation Education, or directly related field (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.) ABD will also be considered.
- Appropriate FAA certifications and ratings to perform assigned duties (such as ground and flight instructor FAA certifications)
- Demonstrated ability to teach high-quality courses in areas such as flight theory, commercial pilot, instrumentation, flight operations, professional pilot, aviation safety, and FAA policy
- Demonstrated relevant instructional and/or professional experience with a preference for experience in commercial/professional aviation and/or flight instruction
- Evidence of effective communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and publish research and other scholarly activities
- Demonstrated student-oriented mindset, including the ability to advise and mentor students and promote the department
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available either January 2021 (preferred) or August 2021 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 30, 2020.
To Apply: Submit all of the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of no more than one page on how your research, professional experiences, and related activities could contribute to the program
- Statement of no more than one page introducing teaching philosophy
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and contact information of three professional references
Departmental Information: Additional information regarding the Department of Engineering & Technology can be found at http://www.semo.edu/eng-tech/.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges, approximately 10,000 students, and a faculty and staff of approximately 1,000. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Its intercollegiate athletics program is classified NCAA Division I and the University is a member of the Ohio Valley Conference. The University currently sponsors 15 sports; 6 for men and 9 for women. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cape Girardeau