Assistant/Associate Provost, Assessment & Institutional Effectiveness
Assistant/Associate Provost, Assessment & Institutional Effectiveness
Job no: 499757
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Research, Office of Institutional Effectiveness
This position directs University-wide activities related to assessment, program review, and institutional effectiveness at Pepperdine. Provides supervision and leadership for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) team. Works with variety of academic and administrative groups in guiding assessment and program review. This position creates a vision and provides the overall leadership for development and implementation of integrated enterprise-wide assessment, planning, and effectiveness programs. Oversees services provided to faculty, students, staff, and external accreditation entities across the university.
- Responsible for aligning the strategy, services, investment decisions, and delivery structures and processes with the strategic direction of the enterprise. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following: Partners with senior academic and administrative leaders to develop an assessment and institutional effectiveness strategy. Educates academic and administrative leaders about how to maximize the value of assessment and program review initiatives and partners with them to demonstrate the value of institutional effectiveness strategies. Supports the Advancement of Student Learning Council to facilitate school and program wide adoption of assessment practices and to gather data through "State of Assessment" reports to show institution wide progress. Initiates and ensures implementation of improvement processes related to assessment and institutional effectiveness. Stays current with WASC and discipline-related accreditation requirements and works closely with those overseeing accreditation reaffirmation. Works with the University Academic Council to provide consultation about assessment processes related to curriculum reform. Acts as champion for acceptance of the assessment, program review, and institutional effectiveness strategy and plan within the university. Sponsors collaborative planning sessions to ensure high-quality processes that are transparent and effective. Understands and analyzes the national and statewide trends related to assessment, institutional effectiveness, and program review activities. Coaches Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) team about planning, process, and projects, and supervises the work of the team. Approves the budget, spending, project work schedule, and human resources plan for assigned areas. Discusses work progress and obstacles with, and provides advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback to the OIE team. Creates synergies with other academic and administrative areas. Establishes individual and organizational objectives that are aligned with overall University strategies and goals. Documents and presents performance assessments. Implements organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention. Ensures OIE staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives. Develops timelines and action steps for anticipating and framing change, including generating appropriate communication for mitigating the disruption of change. Delivers timely and complete project status reports to supervisor as requested. Leverages the individual and collective skills of the OIE team to enhance data-driven decisions and the overall effectiveness of the University.
- Design and facilitate ongoing educational research focused on learning outcomes, student and alumni engagement, institutional identity, and organizational change. Facilitate the regular publication of Research Briefs to inform key areas related to data-driven decision making and a culture of assessment. Maintain a matrix of evidence related to the strategic plan and the Institutional Educational Objectives.
- Disaggregate and extract relevant data to be used in short- and long-term strategic planning and vision casting for the appropriate decision making bodies.
- Serve as a consultant to the University for gathering information on an annual basis that will serve as the basis for policy decisions.
- Serves on various committees, internal and external to the University.
- Engages in relevant professional development-related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Requires master's degree in social sciences, higher education, or field related to institutional effectiveness, program evaluation, and assessment programs. Requires knowledge and demonstrated experience with assessment, theory, practice, data collection methods and analysis. Demonstrated experience working with regional accreditation standards and processes at an institution that views accreditation as a continuous process. Requires broad knowledge of the structure and processes of complex universities. Academic and administrative experience should include assignments in multiple administrative and assessment processes and financial management. Requires leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. Demonstrated capacity to lead others and work with diverse groups of people. Familiarity with the Pepperdine structure, culture, and values.
Preferred: Terminal degree in social sciences, higher education, or related field. Significant social science research experience including research design, various data collection methods, and data analysis. Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with WASC standards and processes. Varied experience measuring, interpreting, and presenting data to support decision-making by academic leaders. Intimate knowledge of academic and administrative programs in place at Pepperdine. Multiple years of teaching experience in a faculty position at a college or university.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Pepperdine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service. Federal guidelines recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Malibu
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Malibu
- Institutional Research & Planning Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Malibu
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Malibu
- Provosts Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Malibu