Director of Program Effectiveness
Air University's Air Command and Staff College invites applications from qualified individuals for the Director of Institutional Effectiveness in the eSchool of Graduate Professional Military Education. Faculty serving in the eSchool provide academic expertise supporting the design, development and delivery of educational programs, develop curriculum for online graduate-level courses, and teach both non-resident and in-resident classes within core curriculum courses.
The purpose of this position is to support Air University's eSchool of Graduate Professional Military Education in fulfilling its core mission as directed by the Commander, Air University and the Commandant, Air Command and Staff College. The incumbent directs the process of academic assessment and improvement; submits annual assessment reports as required; provides guidance to faculty and administration concerning assessment; collaborates with the Dean and Associate Dean in the design and execution of plans for maintaining regional and specialized accredited status; and assists in preparing accreditation documentation for review. The incumbent assists the Associate Dean in coordinating and overseeing the educational program review and strategic planning processes for the eSchool; advising on progress, problems, solutions and desirable changes in relation to strategic planning; and schedules and conducts meetings to present, explain and discuss educational program review and strategic planning with individuals and groups. The incumbent may hold Air University academic rank as an eSchool faculty member.
The position requires skill in designing and developing evaluation materials, a broad knowledge of faculty recruitment, development, knowledge of educational program and accreditation requirements, instructional and evaluation methods, outcomes assessment procedures, competency-based learning, knowledge of research methods and ability to conduct and lead research related to educational assessment, ability to effectively lead and participate in teams to design, develop, execute, and evaluate educational programs, and knowledge of educational technology and ability to use informational technology.
Incumbent must possess a minimum of a Master's Degree, but it is highly desired that candidates hold an earned doctoral degree in Institutional Effectiveness, Curriculum and Instruction, or closely related field.
Air University is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment:
- We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty committed to inclusive teaching and scholarship.
- Prospective candidates must engender a climate that values and uses diversity in all its forms to enrich debate and make the institution more inclusive.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- A secret security clearance is required
- You may qualify for moving expenses if authorized may be covered using PCS, Recruitment or Relocation Incentive in accordance with agency policy.
- This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service. This is an Administratively Determined position in the excepted service.