Chief Human Resources Officer
Rochester Community and Technical College seeks a dynamic and experienced professional with proven leadership skills to serve as the Chief Human Resources Officer.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) provides leadership and strategic direction for the human resources operation of the College. The CHRO is a trusted advisor whose empathy is demonstrated through inclusiveness and service to others, and who possesses integrity, humility, and an inviting demeanor that puts those around them at ease. The CHRO is sensitive to and possesses an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of individuals. The CHRO possesses a clear understanding of legal compliance; recruitment and retention; workforce planning and design; talent management; change management; organizational and performance management; benefits administration; onboarding; and training and development. The position serves as the Affirmative Action Officer (AAO) and the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO), oversees the administration of personnel and labor relations contracts/plans/policies for the College employees, performing the duties with significant discretion and substantial involvement in the development, interpretation, and implementation of college and system policies and federal and state laws.
The CHRO serves on the President’s Cabinet and is a senior leader providing comprehensive and confidential advice and assistance to the President. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the CHRO develops policies and practices on institutional issues, represents the College in system decision-making and represents the College with other external agencies and bodies.
The CHRO is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the division, promoting high quality customer service, and is a champion for continuous quality improvement in all aspects of professionalism and customer service. The CHRO supports the supervisors/managers through the application of a comprehensive performance management system; and provides guidance to supervisors on how to coach, offer continuous feedback and formal performance appraisals, and how to strategically manage employees to support professional growth while employed at the College.
To view the full position description for the Chief Human
Resources Officer, click the following link:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration, or related field. (Masters Preferred)
- A minimum of five years of successful and progressively responsible professional experience in human resource management in a medium to large organization.
- Experience with collective bargaining and union contract administration
- Demonstrate high level of skills in leadership, management, supervisory, organizational and human relations.
- Demonstrate competence in interpreting and complying with federal and state legislation, and state, system, and College policies.
- Demonstrated genuine commitment to inclusiveness and shared governance in leadership and decision-making.
- Knowledge of principles of continuous improvement and quality management.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds, and commitment to affirmative action in staffing and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address issues and concerns in a diplomatic, sensitive, and confidential manner.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced degree in human resource management or a related field.
- Experience developing, organizing, and administering budgets
- Experience in public sector human resource management.
- Solid employee relations/labor relations experience, including managing collective bargaining agreements and maintaining sound business relationships with union representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to foster participation of others and to work effectively and collaboratively with employees and students and other constituents of the College.
- Experience in strategic planning, project management and change management.
Application Procedure: (Application Deadline of
October 5, 2020, or until position is filled)
Applications will ONLY be accepted through the online application process, available at https://rctc.peopleadmin.com/ or http://www.rctc.edu/hr/jobs/.