Scheduling Specialist I
Responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner; routes calls to appropriate staff member.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Registers patients in Epic system.
- Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
- Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
- Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
- Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.