Post Doctoral Fellow- Software Developer
he Applied Economics Office (AEO) of the Engineering Laboratory at the National Institute of Standards of Technology (NIST) anticipates the need for a Post-Bachelors, Graduate Student, Master’s Degree Holder, or Postdoc in computer science or a related field to develop web applications that enable complex economic analysis.
The position would be supported through the NIST Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) ( https://www.nist.gov/iaao/academic-affairs-office/nist-professional-research-experience-program-prep ).
Proposed start date: negotiable
Proposed duration: 1 year with potential for extension
Position Location: Telework
General Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop user interface for web applications
- Develop server-side code including algorithms related to economic analysis
- Assist with special software development projects as assigned
- Degree in Computer science, Software engineering, Web development, Programming or related field.
- Python, Ruby, open source databases a plus
- Google Analytics and data visualization experience a plus
- Logical thinking and Problem solving
- Patience and Attention to detail
- Excellent writing, code documentation and testing skills
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gaithersburg