PROJECT SECRETARY FULL-TIME KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
This position performs moderate level secretarial and clerical tasks including typing a variety of correspondence, documents, & reports using word processing software; data entry and retrieval; filing; answering and directing phone calls; and providing information to staff, students, parents, and the general public via telephone or written inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Composes basic correspondence at the direction of the Director or staff. Types, using word processing software, an array of correspondence, some of which may be complex, ensuring that all grammar, spelling, and numbers are correct.
- Creates, maintains, and updates the division's filing system.
- Enter budget data including encumbrances and expenditures using spreadsheet software. Reconciles data as needed.
- Processes requisitions, purchase orders, and budget documents. Processes reimbursement and expenditure requests. Generates and prepares reports as needed.
- Serves as division's receptionist. Answers calls and responds to ones within position's capacity. Directs other calls to appropriate sources. Reviews incoming inquiries/comments via letters/reports. Responds to basic questions, inquiries, and concerns. Refers more difficult inquiries to personnel for handling. Opens and directs mail to appropriate staff.
- Prepares employee attendance reports.
- Coordinates and schedules appointment and travel plans for division personnel. Prepares basic correspondence confirming travel arrangements and maintains travel records for all trips.
- Orders and maintains conference room supplies.
- Periodically, checks with staff to ensure general office functions are being completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college courses in business or secretarial services are preferred. Two years experience in a clerical capacity. Must posses a thorough knowledge of general office procedures and practices. Must be able to type a minimum of 45 WPM.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication. Must be able to compose basic correspondence of basic difficulty. Must be able to greet visitors in a professional manner and direct them accordingly. Must be able to answer telephone calls and direct them accordingly. Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, in addition to students and other customers. Must be able to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to carry out duties with minimal direction. Must be able to be independent and prioritize work accordingly.
- Must be able to conduct all business in a professional manner, combined with the ability to perform all duties accurately.
- Must be highly self-directed and able to prioritize assignments. Must be able to meet assignment deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated experience using personal computers, in addition to all applicable software.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!