Graduate Admissions Specialist
Student Services Specialist
Graduate Admissions Specialist
Graduate School - 31000
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Graduate School is responsible for all administrative aspects of the
university’s graduate programs. The chief officer is the Dean of the Graduate
School. Primary functions of the Graduate School include monitoring and
periodically reviewing all existing programs to ensure that their standards
and performance are of the highest quality, identifying and developing new
programs that are consistent with regional and national needs, providing
logistical support necessary to facilitate the student’s graduate experience,
supporting the research and creative activities of faculty and students
through workshops, innovative programs, and funding opportunities, and
promoting communication and cooperation among various academic units
within UNCW and the university system. The graduate school admissions
team provides comprehensive applicant services.
Graduate School - 31000 College
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Guided by our Strategic Plan , the university is committed to nurturing a campus culture that reflects its values of diversity and globalization, ethics and integrity, and excellence and innovation. A public institution with nearly 17,000 students, the university is focused on supporting and enhancing the student-centered learning experience that has been a hallmark since its founding in 1947. UNCW offers an array of programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is one of the 17 institutions that make up the UNC System.
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Graduate Admissions Specialist works in the admissions area of the Graduate School and monitors the graduate student application workflow/cycle. Duties include:
• Monitors the applications as they progress through the application workflow/cycle. Updates and verifies student application data between admissions systems for accuracy. Refers special issues to the Dean.
• Communicates with prospective applicants about application requirements,
application status, missing documentation and admissions decisions. May be an applicants first point of contact with UNCW .
• Maintains software data tables in applicable systems. Tests and troubleshoots software during system upgrades, updates, and assists admissions area and campus users with technical issues.
• Enters and verifies graduate application information and test scores
• Utilizes error reports to identify and update missing or incorrect data
• Scans and/or uploads supplemental application materials
• Assists with documentation and makes recommendations for graduate
process efficiencies including practices, policies, and procedures
• Maintains confidentiality of protected information
• Assists with other admissions processes and procedures as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
• Experience in higher education
• Experience with Banner or other information system
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize and adjust workload to handle various responsibilities with multiple interruptions
• Capacity to embrace and willingness to learn new technologies and software
• Ability to interpret and evaluate complex information
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Multiple demands and expectations will require the ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and a professional demeanor
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers with multiple types of software programs, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to keep student information confidential
Required Certifications or licensure
$37,000 - $40,000
1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
Special Notes to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE : This position is time-limited with the possibility of continuation pending availability of funds and department need.
This posting will close at 11:59PM on the posted closing date. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
External Link to Posting
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington