9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Instructional Technologist
Work collaboratively with immediate supervisor, director, associate dean, or dean in the development of and to determine effective use of multi-media technology for the purposes of strategic initiatives at Collin College. Work with faculty using technology tools in the classroom (including online) and staff using technology in their daily job duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training and technical assistance to faculty using the college’s learning management system and other distance learning tools. Develop and lead professional development opportunities for faculty and staff on instructional technology subjects.
- Serve as producer for faculty and staff in the analysis, assessment, design and development of media materials used in class, on-camera delivery, applications and presentation techniques.
- Train and oversee part-time staff in the use of software, equipment, facilities and procedures. May supervise a student assistant.
- Assist work collaboratively with immediate supervisor, director, associate dean, or dean in evaluating and updating equipment and software, and with the integration of new technology throughout the district. Make recommendations to immediate supervisor, director, associate dean, or dean for the acquisition of new equipment and software as well as effective and creative use of multi-media in teaching and learning.
- Within department, interface with Academic Technology and Network Services (ATNS) or other similar platforms and technologies to perform preventive maintenance; recommend minor repairs and adjustments to equipment to ensure uninterrupted delivery of quality educational videos and multimedia, as needed.
- Produce quality educational and training videos and other multimedia products. Maintain accurate records of multimedia development, production and contact logs.
- Stay up to date with emerging technology for teaching and learning through online resources, workshops, seminars, conventions and training classes.
- Work with department, interface with Academic Technology and Network Services (ATNS) or other similar platforms and technologies to maintain department operations and contribute to the design, development and implementation of the department’s online presence. Create collateral and resource materials available to students and faculty for the online learning environment. Maintain the department’s websites with updates and make necessary changes to maintain current content.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by embodying Collin College's core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the role working with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of multi-media production, communication, and dissemination tools, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of alternative methods to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
- Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of: computers (Windows and Macintosh); Office 365, Learning Management Systems (especially Canvas); interactive web and media-based technologies; multimedia authoring/production software/tools including but not limited to screen casting, graphic design, eLearning authoring, and video applications
- Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of video cameras, microphones, lights for video recording
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and competing priorities concurrently
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in producing media and in making technical decisions
- Ability to deliver faculty and staff development opportunities that support the use of technology in education
- Ability to troubleshoot, with a strong curiosity and desire to discover solutions to problems
- Ability to evaluate the performance of hardware and software and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and to develop meaningful reports
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $47,353.00 - 54,456.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney