Athletic Trainer 100%
Department: Athletics and Recreation
Reports to: Head Athletic Trainer
Purpose: The athletic trainer works under the supervision of the head athletic trainer and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University’s athletic program.
Duties: Provides/direct medical services to teams as assigned, and assists in the supervision of medical services for all student-athletes to include:
- Provides/direct medical services to teams as assigned, and
assists in the supervision of medical services for all
student-athletes to include:
- Prevention of athletic injuries
- Recognition and evaluation of athletic injuries
- Acute care of athletic injuries
- Rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Possible sport assignments: football, cross country, track & field, and softball; subject to change based on department needs.
- Assist in the organization and administration of athletic
training to include:
- Participate in pre-participation physical examinations for all athletes
- Clinical education and supervision of athletic training students
- Maintaining and supervising maintenance of accurate medical records for all athletes
- Coverage of athletic team practices and events by the athletic training staff
- Informing the coaching staff of the physical and emotional status of their athletes as it pertains to their participation in that particular sport.
- Travel with athletic teams as requested by Head Athletic Trainer
- Education and advising of athletes regarding personal health.
- Daily communication with team physicians
Duties not program specific:
- Supports the total athletic program
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: Department Director, Associate Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Athletic Training staff, Athletic Training and other Health Science faculty, team physicians
Supervision Exercised: Athletes, Athletic Training Students
Supervision Received: Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Head Athletic Trainer only when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies is involved. May also receive direction from the Athletic Training Education Program Director and Athletic Training Education Program Clinical Coordinator, Team Medical Director, and Team Physician(s).
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred & Board of Certification (BOC) certified in Athletic Training and Ohio Licensed in Athletic Training
Experience: Two to four years of college athletic training preferred. Clinical supervision of athletic training students experience preferred
Specialized Training: Excellent verbal and written communications. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software. Proficient in use of: Athletic Training supplies and equipment, therapeutic modalities, computer and software. Valid driver’s license required. American Red Cross (ARC) Instructor Certifications in Responding to Emergencies and CPR for the Professional Rescuer is preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exhibit a team first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customer) needs
- demonstrate ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
- demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others (if applicable)
- available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- collaborate well with others and help make athletic training staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or College goals
- willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Athletics Division and other areas of the college as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- demonstrate creativity and high energy
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; extensive standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; strict confidentiality; detailed work
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail.
Please include “Attn: Assistant Athletic Trainer 75%” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati